Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:57:32 -0500 (CDT)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters
> How does ruby pass back the installed memory size
> information back to simics? Im assuming that this
> information is conveyed somehow so that the os can
> swap things in and out of disk if the virtual memory
> size gets larger than the installed physical memory
> size.

Ruby doesn't pass this information to Simics.  You have to configure Ruby
to match the installed memory in your Simics checkpoint that you load.

> I tried resetting the number of memories to 1 so that
> it was not equal to the number of processors (2) in
> the system but it causes the system to crash... Is
> there some other parameter tha t I need to reset?

Hmm....what NETWORK_TOPOLOGY?  Its possible that our auto-generated
networks assume that the # memories == # processors.  But I'll have to
check the code for this.  Regardless you can create a network file by hand
if you need to.