Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters

Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:54:59 +0100 (BST)
From: Brinda Ganesh <brinda_ganesh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters
I created a network file similar to the ones in the
network/simple/Netowrk_Files. I set the number of
memories to 1 in this file. I am using  2 processors
and a modified form of the MOESI_SMP_directory
protocol.

The netowrk type is specified as FILE_SPECIFIED.

The network initialization crashes if I specify a link
for more than 1 Directory.
failed assertion 'nodes[i] >= 0 && nodes[i] < m_nodes'
at fn void Topology::makeFileSpecified() in
network/simple/Topology.C:511

If I specify only one directory I get the crash that
occurred earlier with the Hierarchial switch network
type.
failed assertion 'id < m_nodes' at fn void
SimpleNetwork::checkNetworkAllocation(NodeID, bool,
int) in network/simple/SimpleNetwork.C:199

This seems to be related to a call from
getToNetworkQueue being called during chip
initialization.

Im a little confused about whether its the way my
network file is being specified which is causing the
error or if there is some other parameter I need to
change as well.

Thanks
Brinda