Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters

Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:44:30 -0500 (CDT)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Physical Memory Parameters
Brinda,

I'm confused.  First, you don't seem to be setting the "-m
<number_of_memories>" command line parameter so config/RubyConfig.C should
be setting g_NUM_MEMORIES to be equal to the g_NUM_PROCESSORS, which is
the default.  However, you say the file you are using is named:
NUCA_Procs-2_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-2_Memories-1.txt , but I would have
expected network/simple/Topology.C to load the file named:
NUCA_Procs-2_ProcsPerChip-1_L2Banks-2_Memories-2.txt because
g_NUM_MEMORIES == 2.  Are you sure that is the network file being loaded?

Second, are you trying to use your FILE_SPECIFIED network using the
MOSI_SMP_bcast protocol?  The broadcast snooping protocol won't work
because the FILE_SPECIFIED networks don't provide the ordering required by
the protocol.

If you want to have only one memory in the system, I suggest you use one
of the CMP directory protocols (easy solution), or make the necessary
edits to the HIERARCHICAL_SWITCH network creation code in Topology.C and
possibly some slightly changes to the MOSI_SMP_bcast .sm files (harder
solution) to support hierarchal networks where processors != memories.

Brad