Re: [Gems-users] MOESI_SMP_directory problem

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:41:14 -0500
From: "Nauman Rafique" <nrafique@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] MOESI_SMP_directory problem
Brad,
I guess you meant REMOVE_SINGLE_CYCLE_DCACHE_FAST_PATH should be false,
because we dont want to remove it if we want L1 hits to be faster.
So I would have to make my L1 small enough to have a hit time of 1 cycle;
and make SEQUENCER_TO_CONTROLLER_LATENCY equal to L2 hit time, right? Any
reasons for making an exception for instruction fetches?
Can we have two separate controllers for L1 and L2 as is done in CMP
protocols? I guess that would be a cleaner approach??
Thanks for your help here.
Nauman