Re: [Gems-users] MOESI_SMP_directory problem

Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:26:19 -0500 (CDT)
From: Bradford Beckmann <beckmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] MOESI_SMP_directory problem
Nauman,

That is correct.  Sorry about the logical inversion.  :)

Yes, set the L2 hit time to be the SEQUENCER_TO_CONTROLLER_LATENCY.  The
reason why instruction fetches are an exception is Opal assumes I-cache
hits are available in the current cycle.  If you want a longer L1I
latency, a better way to add that latency is to add additional cycles to
Opal's fetch stage.

Yes, the split controllers of the CMP protocols are much more straight
forward.  However, converting a SMP protocol to a CMP protocol takes some
non-trivial effort.

Brad