Re: [Gems-users] Compiling Ruby on GCC 4.0.2 (SUSE 10)

Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:32:56 +0200
From: "Shachar Gang" <shacharg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Compiling Ruby on GCC 4.0.2 (SUSE 10)
Hi Dan,

I am using 32-bit x86 system.

I followed the instruction on the QuickStart page, after compiling ruby I typed the following commands:
simics> read-configuration [chkpoint_name]

simics> instruction-fetch-mode instruction-fetch-trace
simics> istc-disable
simics> dstc-disable
simics> load-module ruby
When running the last command I get:
"error installing ruby timing model.
  Simics license checked in! "
and I get my shell back.

When trying to load ruby first it does not crash but it seems like ruby does not count anything.

Shachar

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:19:53 -0600, Dan Gibson wrote

> Sharchar,
>
> Thats very peculiar behavior you are observing. Ruby actually *should* crash if you load it _before_ loading a checkpoint, and should not crash if it is loaded after a checkpoint.
>
> Could you respond with the script (or set of Simics commands typed manually) you are using within Simics?
>
> Also, what is your underlying host system? I presume x86, but is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
>
> Regards,
> Dan
>
> Shachar Gang wrote:

Hi,

I tried to load Ruby after loading a checkpoint (like the steps in the
quick
start guide) and the crash
happened
When trying to load Ruby before loading the checkpoint it seems to work
but
I am not sure that ruby really counts anything while I run my
simulations.

Shachar

Message:
11