Re: [Gems-users] Error loading module 'ruby'

Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 14:08:23 -0500
From: Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] Error loading module 'ruby'
Dave,
The sarek-Xp.simics scripts are intended to be used to boot a fully-installed Solaris 9 system. The file "sarek2-solaris9.craff" is the disk image of the system, which can be obtained in one of the following ways:

1) Acquire from Virtutech, though I am unsure if there are licensing concerns
2) Build your own, using the OS-install scripts provided with Simics

Most eventually resort to #2. Alternatively, you can use the install directly, and simply execute a "write-configuration" once the installation is complete.

Regards,
Dan

Dave wrote:
Thanks a lot! Now, my problem is when I do ./simics sarek-1p.simics in the sarek folder, I get another error message as follows:

 ./simics sarek-1p.simics
Checking out a license... done: academic license.
+----------------+ Copyright 1998-2005 by Virtutech, All Rights Reserved
  |   Virtutech    |    Version: simics-2.2.19
  |     Simics     |    Compiled: Tue Aug 16 20:22:30 CEST 2005
  +----------------+
www.simics.com "Virtutech" and "Simics" are trademarks of Virtutech AB

Type 'copyright' for details on copyright.
Type 'license' for details on warranty, copying, etc.
Type 'readme' for further information about this version.
Type 'help help' for info on the on-line documentation.

[error] setting attribute files in sd25B_2_0_image:
illegal value: Error opening file sarek2-solaris9.craff: No such file or directory
Error while loading a configuration: Failed to initialize all objects
This has left the configuration system in an inconsistent state.
Restarting Simics is recommended.

Failed to initialize all objects

Failed loading the configuration in Simics. This is probably
due to some misconfiguration, or that some required file is
missing. Please check the above output for error messages

[sarek-common.simics:105] the command did not complete properly; interrupting script [sarek-1p.simics:5] the command did not complete properly; interrupting script
simics>

Thank you for your help.

Dave

*/Dan Gibson <degibson@xxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    If you want to run with Ruby, we suggest you first make a
    configuration
    via the "write-configuration" command.
    You can then exit simics, switch to your protocol directory, re-start
    simics, and load the checkpoint. That is, when running with Ruby, you
    will not use sarek-Xp.simics directly.

    Regards,
    Dan

    Dave wrote:
    > Thanks a lot! I've compiled ruby using PROTOCOL=MOESI_CMP_token.
    If I