Re: [Gems-users] non-cacheable memory

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:58:35 -0600 (CST)
From: Mike Marty <mikem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] non-cacheable memory
If memory is non-cacheable, you certainly do not want to return
immediately from ruby_operate.

Choose a protocol that has silent S eviction, and add a request type to
ensure your cache doesn't get the block in M state (exclusive).  Ok, we've
covered loads.  Not sure how you want to handle Stores.

--mike