Re: [Gems-users] L1 cache to processor Latency

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:48:28 -0600
From: Philip Garcia <pcgarcia@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gems-users] L1 cache to processor Latency
If you look in ruby/system/Sequencer.C, I'm pretty sure I-cache misses never incur the SEQUENCER_TO_CONTROLLER_LATENCY (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). In the doRequest function, there's a check if REMOVE_SINGLE_CYCLE_DCACHE is asserted, but this parameter is ignored in the case of an IFETCH request. I imagine it would be possible to do something similar to what ruby does for d-cache misses when REMOVE_SINGLE_CYCLE_DCACHE_FAST_PATH is true, and delay the I-cache misses for a variable number of cycles depending on the parameters you want.

Phil