Re: [Condor-users] Condor Vanilla universe environment

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:02:55 -0700 (PDT), Chakravarthi
<m_chakravarthi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am running Condor Vanilla universe environment in
> windows2000 and windowsXP machine of total to 10.
> Now how do I submit the job to 10 different machines
> each with different input files(10 pieces).

You don't normally submit jobs to "10 different machines"*
You can force a job to only run on a specific machine but this is
really only a good idea for testing.

if you name your files Foo.X.txtor something like that where X is a
number incrementing from 0-9 then

a file along the lines of

... all the normal executable stuff ...
transfer_input_files = Foo.${Process}.txt
queue 10

and hey presto a different file should be transferred for each job,
the eith your job needs to work out which file it has been given or do
something like

env = IN_FILE=Foo.${Process}.txt

(this is obviously os specific)

have a read of http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/condor_submit.html