Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.6.9 on XP machines (with SP 2 installed)

I have also been fighting the windows firewall problem. When condor
starts when the computer boots, it registers itself with windows
firewall. The problem occurs when condor starts before windows
firewall. When this happens you will get an error message in the
ManagerLog the says WinFirewall get current profile failed.

With my testing the registry hack works 4 out of 10 times on my
systems. There seems to be no pattern to why it does this. Instead of
trying to fix this problem I instead wrote a simple batch file that
runs when windows starts up to start and stop the condor service. This
seems to work 100% of the time.

I have been in contact with the condor team about this problem and
they are addressing it in the next version of condor.  Currently the
problem is fixed in the unstable release 6.6.10 so when the next
stable comes around we should be all set.

    Hope this helps,
   Joshua Juen