RE: [Condor-users] Why could this match not be made?

> > I have a set of jobs that target one specific machine in my
> pool. The
> > machine has:
> >
> > START = (Target.Owner =?= "ichesal)
>
> Sorry if these are all a bit obvious, but that is often how
> it is with these
> problems:

No problem. Here goes...

> * Is "ichesal" enough, or do you need to give a full name?

This should be sufficient to limit access to the machine to one person.
The ClassAd for the job is evaluated in the START expression which has:

Owner = "ichesal"

set. The User tag could also be reference, but then it would required
the full "<user>@<domain>" syntax.

> * What is in the REQUIREMENTS of the job?

Requirements = ((Arch == "INTEL" && (OpSys == "WINNT40" || OpSys ==
"WINNT50" || OpSys =="WINNT51")) && (AlteraIsDesktop =?= FALSE) &&
((AlteraMachineClass == 3066)) && (Machine ==
"TTC-BS3066-200.altera.com")) && (Disk >= DiskUsage) && ((Memory * 1024)
>= ImageSize) && (HasFileTransfer)

No job rank.

> * Is this machine same OS and ARCH as submitter?

No. I've submitted from a Linux machine. I'm targetting a Windows XP
machine (see Requirements above). Should this matter? I hope not!

> * Can both machines talk to each other across all condor ports in both
>   UDP and TCP, ie no firewalls or private networks in the way?

Absolutly. No Windows Firewall on the XP startd machine. No firewalls on
the Linux (RH8) machine.

Anything jump out at you? I'm stumped. Thanks for taking the time to
ponder this.

- Ian