Re: [Condor-users] copying executable on submission

On 5/6/05, Chris Jones <jonesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.7/condor_submit.html
> >
> > copy_to_spool = <True | False>
> > If copy_to_spool is set to True, then condor_ submit will copy the
> > executable to the local spool directory before running it on a remote
> > host. Oftentimes this can be quite time consuming and unnecessary. By
> > setting it to False, condor_ submit will skip this step. Defaults to
> > True.
> >
> > Hope that helps
> >
> > Matt
>
> Thanks, but I had already tried that option and it doesn't do what I
> what. I think it only copies the executable to the spool when the job
> starts running, not when it is submitted.

Are you making use of $$(arch) or $$(opsys) variables in your executable name?

Have you defined "TransferExecutable" to be false in the config

Either of these will stop the transfer at this point.

Globus universe also default the value to false not true though this
should not affect you if you specified it directly.

Matt