Re: [Condor-users] copying executable on submission

On 5/6/05, Chris Jones <jonesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Are you making use of $$(arch) or $$(opsys) variables in your executable name?
> >
> > Have you defined "TransferExecutable" to be false in the config
> >
> > Either of these will stop the transfer at this point.
> >
> > Globus universe also default the value to false not true though this
> > should not affect you if you specified it directly.
>
> Thanks. I don't think its any of these though.
>
> My full Condor job is
>
> Executable = /usera/jonesc/condor-test.csh
> Universe   = vanilla
> Requirements = Memory >= 480
> Rank = Memory >= 800
> output = a.output
> error = a.error
> Log = condor.log
> getenv = true
> copy_to_spool = true
> Queue
>
> So, what I am hoping I can get is for condor to take a copy of
> /usera/jonesc/condor-test.csh at the moment of submission, so I can then
> edit the ecript for other jobs etc., without affecting the job(s)
> waiting in the system.

what version are you running?

when I run mine it copies immediately as follows (using
examples/printname with hold = true)

$ condor_submit name.sub
Submitting job(s).
Logging submit event(s).
1 job(s) submitted to cluster 23.

<file cluster23.ickpt.subproc0 appears in my spool dir with the
contents of printname.bat in it>

I'm running 6.7.6

if you run "condor_config_val TransferFiles" what is returned?

Matt