Re: [Condor-users] Heterogeneous Meta scheduling

All,

Condor-G can be used as a scheduler by leveraging its matchmaking capabilities. Jobs can be kept in the Condor-G queue while waiting for the "right match". You can use Condor tools like HawkEye to collect information from the potential sites and send them to the matchmaker. Several sites/projects use Condor-G in this capacity. Recently, with the help of our European collaborators, we added to Condor "direct" interfaces to PBS and LSF. With our recent work on supporting the delegation of Condor jobs from one SchedD to another SchedD (Condor-C), one can construct heterogeneous schedulers with several layers of matchmaking.

Miron