Re: [Condor-users] Problem with DLLs

Hi,

thanks for all the replies, at least some new things to try :)

just for the record: we managed to get one of the apps (python.exe, requiring python24.dll) to work: on some machines msvcr71.dll was needed
on top of the python dll - unfortunately the error message doesn't go
to stderr.

using a  batch wrapper around their exe. Some crazy users also had some
success  using Cygwin this way to!
Ah - this is exactly what we're trying to do. we have a ported app that
compiles very well under cygwin. our condor pool does not have cygwin installed but we found that supplying cygwin1.dll solves that problem for about half of our condor pool. The other half crashes the app with the symptoms mentioned in the prev. posts. This is what i find so hard to understand - the condor installations appear identical across the pool as far as we can tell. I will try to look at the env variables to see if there's any difference...

cheers,

 Mike