Re: [Condor-users] Condor-G for multiple Grid Types

Hi Emir,

> Emir Imamagic wrote:
>
> I believe that you can solve all three cases with solution:
>    grid_resource   = $$(resource_name)
> and the Requirements like in case 3.
>
> On the Matchmaking side you can publish both resource_name and
> grid_type. Condor won't complain about grid_type in resource classad
> since you can add custom attribute to the resource anyway (you might as
> well name it differently).
>
> In the job classad don't define grid_type with:
> 	grid_type=$$(grid_type)
>
> but use grid_resource attribute & Requirements attribute to define which
> grid type (or types) you wish to use:
>
> 	grid_resource   = $$(resource_name)
> 	Requirements = ... \
> 		(TARGET.resource_name =!= UNDEFINED) && \
> 		(TARGET.grid_type =?= "gt2" || ...)
>
> I just tested it on our system and it works fine.

I like your solution since it avoids referring to $$(grid_type).
Thanks for pointing out that grid_type has become obsolete in 6.7.19.

>>   However, as soon as I insert $$(grid_type) in the matchmaking
>>   I get an error. For the case
>>
>>   grid_resource = $$(grid_type) $$(gatekeeper_url) $$(job_manager_type)
>>
>>   the error is
>>
>>     HoldReason = "x509userproxy is not set in the job ad"
>>

> This is not related to grid mathcmaking. You should add attribute:
> x509userproxy = </fullpath/to/userproxy>
> to job classad and it should work.

condor_submit will automatically insert in the job classAD

   x509userproxy = VALUE_OF_ENV_VAR_X509_USER_PROXY

for several cases such as

   universe  = grid
   grid_type = gt4
   grid_resource = gt4 $$(gatekeeper_url) $$(job_manager_type)

but not for

   universe  = grid
   grid_type = gt4
   grid_resource = $$(resource_name)

so it looks like I need to write a wrapper around condor_submit
which will do the insertion.

Regards,
Gabriel