Re: [Condor-users] Getting 6.8.6 for Solaris 9?

> Right, but ESX allows you to run any OS at about the same
> speed of the hardware
> itself, not just Linux, since it's an incredibly striped down
> version of RH
> (last version I used, anyway).  Xen, on the other hand, is a
> good option if you
> only want Linux VMs *and* if you haven't already forked over
> the cash for the
> ESX Server software ;)

You beat me to it. I was just writing the same email.

We're specifically looking at using this for Windows VMs. Linux is sort
of easy to manage, deploy, run jobs on. Windows not so much at all
really. But Windows VMs really simplify our administrator's lives.

Ben, contact me directly if I can be of assitance obtaining ESX to test
with.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.