Re: [Condor-users] 7.0.3 Debian 4 dynamic clipped?

Thank you, Steffen.  I'll try it.

- dave

Steffen Grunewald wrote:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:29:41AM +0200, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 04:00:56PM -0500, David A. Kotz wrote:
I downloaded condor-7.0.3-linux-x86-debian40-dynamic.tar.gz for installation under Ubuntu 8.x. The condor_compile script consists of:

[snip]
Is this intended? Should I download a different version to be able to condor_compile? Apologies if I missed an announcement to that effect, but I didn't see it in the changelogs nor on the list.
Full support for Etch is still not ready. I hope it will be when Etch
becomes obsolete^oldstable, and I'd be very happy if (full) Lenny support
would happen not too long after.

For the time being, the RHEL3 binaries seem to be compatible enough
(you'll have to install libstdc++5)

Something I forgot (I somehow neglected the Ubuntu part):

With newer Ubuntus, you should go and get all (dynamic) Linux packages matching your architecture, unpack them temporarily, and run "ldd" over
selected binaries, or run "condor_version" to find whether your glibc
is supported (Debian Etch and RHEL5 don't match, for example). Then choose the most "recent" "officially supported" distro that has standard
universe support.

My guess: RHEL5/CentOS5 should be close.

And, of course, please report so we can remember in the future :)

Steffen