Re: [Condor-users] 7.0.3 Debian 4 dynamic clipped?

Steffen Grunewald wrote:

Something I forgot (I somehow neglected the Ubuntu part):

With newer Ubuntus, you should go and get all (dynamic) Linux packages matching your architecture, unpack them temporarily, and run "ldd" over
selected binaries, or run "condor_version" to find whether your glibc
is supported (Debian Etch and RHEL5 don't match, for example). Then choose the most "recent" "officially supported" distro that has standard
universe support.

My guess: RHEL5/CentOS5 should be close.

And, of course, please report so we can remember in the future :)

Steffen

Initial testing of a trivial app condor_compiled under Ubuntu 8.04 with the RHEL 5 version of Condor works. It's just a "hello, world" program, so it doesn't actually get a chance to checkpoint.

- dave