Re: [Condor-users] how download condor-7.2.0-linux-x86-debian40.tar.gz with command line?

Hello Ryan,

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:03:01AM -0400, Ryan Wolf wrote:
> 1) admin downloads one copy to NFS
> 2) every other machine in the network downloads that copy over
> (hopefully) faster LAN
>
> I could see how the developers would think jumping hoops to download
> would be easy to bear. For the admins who prefer to download every copy
> from the web, this must be intensely painful.
>
> I'd consider the long download times to be a good reason to grab one
> copy for your LAN and share it, and then the hoops will not be very
> grating.

that makes sense, but IMHO you also described what proxies are
for.  When the download URI changes regularly (symlinks in
dirs with lots of numbers - present state), it really does
not help caching.

Besides that, the complicated download procedure makes some
people think Condor is not open-source.

In the meantime, I found http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/new/downloads/
and would suggest re-consideration of download method at least for
the new site before setting it as default.

Do not get me wrong, I just want to add my my 0.1 EUR to
discussion...

 Best regards
  Jasan