Re: [Condor-users] compiling Condor

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM, David Kotz <dkotz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The main goal would be to (hopefully) reduce the number of users who are
running vanilla because they're frustrated by weird linking problems. I
don't know if it will really help, but the odds of weird issues cropping
up when our default is gcc 4.2.x and Condor is built with 3.2.x *seem*
like they'd be higher.

Unfortunately I can't comment on whether this will eliminate the linking issues. I wasn't recompiling to use the standard universe. But it does compile.

Good luck!

- Ian

Cycle Computing, LLC
The Leader in Open Compute Solutions for Clouds, Servers, and Desktops
Enterprise Condor Support and Management Tools

http://www.cyclecomputing.com
http://www.cyclecloud.com