Re: [Condor-users] DAG of DAGs

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Sassy Natan wrote:

Thank you Greg

Can I provide from the outer dag to the Job submission file (in the
inner.dag) a var?

Unfortunately, that won't work.

So I will have something like this:

outer.dag:

SUBDAG EXTERNAL A inner.dag
SCRIPT POST A shouldContinue.sh
RETRY A 1000000
VAR procid = $some_env_set_that_the_shouldContinue.sh_provide

inner.dag:

Job  A  A.condor
Job  B  B.condor
Job  C  C.condor
Job  D  D.condor
PARENT A CHILD B PARENT B CHILD C
PARENT C CHILD D

A.Condor:

Executable     = foo
Requirements   = Memory >= 32 && OpSys == "IRIX65" && Arch =="SGI"
Rank         = Memory >= 64
Image_Size     = 28 Meg
Arguments = procid)
Error   = err.$(procid)
Input   = in.$(procid)
Output  = out.$(procid)
Log = foo.log

Queue 150

Even if the vars usage you want worked at the DAG level, I don't think this would get you what you want. If you're queuing 150 jobs, all with the same value for $(procid), all of your jobs will write to the same output file, which will mean that you'll only actually get the output back for whichever one finishes last; the earlier ones will be overwritten by the last one.

Kent Wenger
Condor Team