Re: [Condor-users] Help with ClassAd syntax: offset $(process) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Peter:

On 02/01/2011 08:58 PM, Lenou, Peter (Contractor) wrote:
How can I offset the process number, and append it to my file name so I
can submit my files prefixed by a number starting from 1? I want to set
up my ClassAd to use Queue 10 rather than have to repeat the file name
for each file submitted to the queue.

This is probably a little clunky (the Condor developers may have a more ideal solution), but this should get the job done in your case:

1) Create an empty file in the submit directory (foo.txt)
2) Define should_transfer_files, etc. in your submit file:

should_transfer_files = true
when_to_transfer_output = on_exit
transfer_input_files = foo.txt

3) Add the line

+TransferInput = "$$([MY.ProcId+1])_input.in"

4) Submit away. It should grab your input files from [1, N] instead of from [0, N-1].

Note: The file foo.txt never gets transferred, it is merely a place holder so that you don't get the "can't open file" message.

Cheers,
David