[Condor-users] Setting the full_hostname within Condor

Hi all,
I have condor running on a system where I have no administrator privileges.

The system has multiple NICs and is configured so that hostname is returning the name associated with a private network IP address.

I'd like the pool to advertise the public IP and its public host name (the private one is unknown to outside nodes)

I set both IP_ADDRESS and FULL_HOSTNAME in the configuration but the first one is OK, the second is ignored. I saw the article http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/how-condor-determines-a-nodes-ip-and-hostname/
but I have no way to change the host configuration.

Is it there a way to set the full hostname within Condor?
Or am I worrying for nothing and should just let it be? In other words, will I have problems because of the unsolvable name in interacting with outside schedds (submitting or flocking to this pool)?

Thank you,
Marco