Re: [Condor-users] Setting the full_hostname within Condor

On 05/14/2012 10:59 AM, Marco Mambelli wrote:
Hi all,
I have condor running on a system where I have no administrator privileges.

The system has multiple NICs and is configured so that hostname is
returning the name associated with a private network IP address.

I'd like the pool to advertise the public IP and its public host name
(the private one is unknown to outside nodes)

I set both IP_ADDRESS and FULL_HOSTNAME in the configuration but the
first one is OK, the second is ignored.
I saw the article
http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/how-condor-determines-a-nodes-ip-and-hostname/

but I have no way to change the host configuration.

Is it there a way to set the full hostname within Condor?
Or am I worrying for nothing and should just let it be? In other words,
will I have problems because of the unsolvable name in interacting with
outside schedds (submitting or flocking to this pool)?

Thank you,
Marco

Sounds like the EC2 execute node case.

IIRC, problems will depend on if the Collector <-> Startd talk to one another over the private network or public (you'd want public).

I have some notes on how to configure the startd to use the public interface in EC2, but it looks like I've not written them up yet. I'd suggest googling around for condor in ec2 for the time being. A nice keyword will be TCP_FORWARDING_HOST.

Best,

matt