Re: [HTCondor-users] execution env in dag

I created a ticket:

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=3663

I set the Priority to "5", meaning it is an idea we probably won't get
to do, unless there is a huge demand for it, or we find ourselves with
nothing else to do and someone scratches an itch.

Nathan Panike

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 07:19:15PM +0200, Jerome Samson wrote:
> Thanks for the answer,
>
> That's actually what I'm working on, but for a large dag it implies
> creating a lot of files to source...
>
> Do you think this might be implemented in future versions ?
> Is there a kind of "desired features" poll on htcondor website on
> which I could go to vote for it ? :)
>
> Best,
>
> Jerome
> +33 (0) 1 53 06 25 37
> ---------------------
> BUF Compagnie
> 139-141 Boulevard Ney
> 75018 Paris
> ---------------------
> Pensez a l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message
>

> On 05/28/2013 06:27 PM, Nathan Panike wrote:
> >On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 06:07:32PM +0200, Jerome Samson wrote:
> >>Hi again,
> >>
> >>I am running a dag and I would like to be able to transfer the env
> >>of an executed node to its children, I don't see any correct way to
> >>do so in the dag description file.
> >>
> >>The only thing I'm doing is to set the '-import_env' flag when
> >>running condor_submit_dag but it only brings the current env into
> >>the dag global environnement.
> >>Any other environment variable declared in a particular node is lost
> >>for the rest of the dag (particularly for its children).
> >Yep, that is not supported.
> >
> >If you want to move environment settings around, my suggestion is to
> >cause pre scripts or post scripts to write the environment variables
> >into the submit file, or cause environment settings to be transferred in
> >a file that can be sourced by the job.
> >
> >Nathan Panike
> >
> >>Thank's for your help,
> >>
> >>Jerome Samson
> >
> >The archives can be found at:
> >https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/
>
> The archives can be found at:

Nathan Panike, nwp@xxxxxxxxxxx
UW-Madison Center for High Throughput Computing
Computer Sciences Department, Room 4280
1210 W. Dayton St.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
608.890.0032

Laboratory for Molecular and Computational Genomics
Biotechnology Center
425 Henry Mall, room 5445
Madison, WI 53706 USA
608.890.0086