Re: [HTCondor-users] OT Re: Solved: Re: centos 7 problem

On 04/05/2015 01:20 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> On 4/4/2015 6:01 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>> /var/run is not mode 777. So what's "poorly-written" about those
>> programs is they're not running as root: back when they were they
>
> Nah. It's still bad code. It always was. We just didn't realize how bad
> it was back then.

So either every program that does a double-fork must start as root, open
all the files it needs, then immediately drop privileges, or it must
create its transient files in TMPDIR instead of /var/run. I see an easy
way to fix bad code.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin