Re: [HTCondor-users] change to condor_submit - user feedback desired! (was Re: multiple condor_submit's - one cluster)

On 02/10/2015 01:43 PM, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> ...  I
> think I will focus first on the details for the ability of condor_submit
> to scan the filesystem and do a submit for each file

I still don't get why not just use VARS from condor_submit_dag: it seems
to me that VARS substitution, other than $(cluster) and $(process) is
what's really missing here -- and even then there's $ENV(). Once there's
VARS, a condor_submit_many wrapper that scans the filesystem should take
about 5 minutes to write. Or I am missing the point entirely, I do that
often enough too.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin