Re: [HTCondor-users] bug in schedd_negotiate.cpp - 144-core startd

On 2015-11-20 09:15, Michael V Pelletier wrote:

Looks like it must be an Oracle Server X5-8, and those suckers cost so
much Oracle won't even give you a price online. The processors alone are
probably in the neighborhood of $70-$80,000, and 2TB of memory in 32GB
LRDIMMs is another $64,000 list price, so you're already pushing
$150,000 before you even start installing all that in the chassis.

Only? A few years ago we wrote off a couple of low-end SGI Altix racks that had 12 CPUs each and I think less than a gigabyte of RAM per CPU -- I forget how little exactly. I believe they were a quarter mil a pop to buy...

Dimitri