Re: [HTCondor-users] File transfer when file does not exist

On 4/12/16, 11:33 AM, "HTCondor-users on behalf of Jens Schmaler" <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of jens.schmaler@xxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi Michael,
>
>> The workaround that I've come up with is to use a PostCmd script to move
>> the files I want to a specific subdirectory and then output-transfer that
>> directory with a trailing slash to get only the contents, rather than
>> the directory itself.
>
>Yes, this is definitely an option, thanks for the hint. Still, as you
>say, it looks more like a workaround. Is there really no way to simply
>configure what HTCondor does when one of the files is missing?

That is correct.  This is something we've thought about but haven't implemented any first-class support for in HTCondor.

I guess I can think of three different "modes" for what should happen if a particular file is missing:
1) Job should permanently fail (and leave the queue)
2) Job should go on hold (the current behavior)
3) The failure should be ignored (that is, the file was optional)

Would this cover your case?

Cheers,
-zach