Re: [HTCondor-users] File transfer when file does not exist

Hi Zach,

> I guess I can think of three different "modes" for what should happen if a particular file is missing:
> 1) Job should permanently fail (and leave the queue)
> 2) Job should go on hold (the current behavior)
> 3) The failure should be ignored (that is, the file was optional)
>
> Would this cover your case?

Absolutely, for me the files are simply optional. In my case it would
even be possible to deduce from the return value of the executable
whether the file should exist or not. The perfect solution would hence
be to be able to make the behaviour of Condor depend on this return value.

Best regards,
Jens