Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_userprio issues

Cross-checking with our Graphite data, that does appear to be the case. Thanks for all the help!

-----Original Message-----
From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Thain
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:55 AM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_userprio issues

WARNING - External email; exercise caution.

On 08/24/2017 10:22 AM, Jon Bernard wrote:
> It looks like we had a another server in the pool running condor_negotiator.
>
> I've shut that down, but now I have two accounting files. My question is: would any usage have been counted by both negotiators? Or would each have accounted only for the jobs it matched?

The former.  At each negotiation cycle, the negotiator essentially does a condor_status for the whole pool, and charges each user for their current usage.  If there should be more than one running, they each do this independently.

You might get split usage if one negotiator was running while the other wasn't, but as long as you have one negotiator that is running for the whole time, that negotiator's accounting should be complete.

-greg