Re: [condor-users] condor_collector problem with 6.6.0 under IRIX

OK, I think I spoke too soon. Adding COLLECTOR to DAEMON_LIST does
indeed help in that it gets the collector started, and at first things
work fine, so condor_q -global gives sensible output, etc. However,
after a few minutes the console reports

Error:  Could not fetch ads --- can't find collector
Error:  Could not fetch ads --- can't find collector
Error:  Could not fetch ads --- can't find collector

and a new call to condor_q -global gives:

Error 6: can't find collector

The condor_collector process is still running, but seemingly
incommunicado. Neither the MasterLog or the CollectorLog report anything
out of the ordinary. Could the fact that some machines in our pool are
still running 6.4.5 be causing problems?

Cheers,

Mark

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 16:02, Mark Calleja wrote:
> I think you've got it. Many thanks. Next time you're this side of the
> pond you can claim your pint of beer as reward. Seriously, thanks for
> spotting that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark
>
> On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 15:44, Mark Silberstein wrote:
> > It seems that your Master doesn't know that it should start COLLECTOR
> > and Negotiator. Check that your local configuration file contains
> > COLLECTOR and NEGOTIATOR in the DAEMON_LIST
> > Mark
> > On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 17:32, Mark Calleja wrote:
> > > Hi chaps,
> > >
> > > May I take this opportunity to further display my ignorance in this
> > > forum. I'm upgrading our 6.4.5 pool to 6.6.0, with the master node being
> > > an SGI O2 running IRIX 6.5, which has given valiant service in this role
> > > with 6.4.5 for nearly a year. The upgrade installation goes swimmingly,
> > > but on issuing condor_master all the relevant daemons come up except
> > > condor_collector, so running condor_q -global gives the relevant error
> > > message. The MasterLog has the following entry:

<snip my earlier stuff>

Condor Support Information: