Re: [condor-users] network-drives under Windows 2000

Hi Thomas,

Very strange problem. Here's what I can tell you:

Error 2250 is ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED, which according to Microsoft means,
"The device specified is not a redirected device or a connected network
name."

Given that, I have to ask if the path shows up when you run 'net use'
from the command line? Does 'dir' work from I:\BATCH?

Also keep in mind that in Windows NT4 and 2000, drive mappings occur
globally - that is, if user foo mapped drive G:, all users would see it
(but only user foo could manipulate it). Starting in Windows XP, mappings
became local to each user (that is, each SID on the system has its own
mappings which are shared across every login session that user has). See
Microsoft KB article 180362 for more information.

> 2/2 16:55:39 (46.0) (652): ERROR "UNC pathnames not supported yet" at line
> 622 in file ..\src\condor_c++_util\perm.C

Right. While we do support network paths on the submit side, they must be
mapped to a drive letter.

Colin
Condor Support Information: