Re: [Condor-users] Group issues

Hi Steve,

It's my understanding that even if you assign a job (or all the jobs
from a user) to a group, this will not necessarily affect the
user's base priority factor if the user was already in the system.
Actually historical user priority data should not really affect our matchmaking because we're using PRIORITY_HALFLIFE = 1 to turn it off and the base priority is the same for all users. With this setup I'd expect the job priority to fully specify the job execution order within a single users queue, and provide fair share when multiple users submit to the queue. But that is not the case.

I suspect its a configuration issue on our side but I can't really find any setting that might cause this.

Cheers,
Szabolcs