Re: [Condor-users] 7.0.3 Debian 4 dynamic clipped?

Richard,

> I'll have to read up on memory management...

I should note, the condor_starter.std process takes care of this
personality stuff when running a Standard universe job.  There are
other issues if you want to use standalone checkpointing within a
Vanilla universe job, but I won't go into that here.

> So the simple sleep() programme seems to work, do you know of any
> other programmes I could run to test how stable the checkpointing
> is ? (or is this the time to get writing my own code?!).

I would start writing code.  Two other notes: if you are using a
checkpoint server you want to make sure it is also a 64-bit machine as
there are compatibility issues with 32-bit machines, and if you are
using getdirentries/getdents calls you will also want to make sure the
condor_shadow is running on a 64-bit machine (and vice-versa, if you
had compiled 32-bit code you would want a 32-bit checkpoint server and
a 32-bit shadow machine in those circumstances).  Finally, compressed
checkpoints are not supported under 64-bits, so huge memory footprints
will take a long time to save/restore.

--
Daniel K. Forrest	Laboratory for Molecular and
forrest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx	Computational Genomics