Re: [Condor-users] Did something change in the 7.2.2 Windows release?- I can't see startds any more

> > Could you send a copy of the logs with the debug level set a little
> > higher? (For both the working machine, and the broken one.)
> > Also, is the
> > startd dropping a core file on the non-functional machine?
>
> Well, I have no explanation for this Ben.
>
> I checked Condor status and sure enough only the 7.2.2
> pre-release machine was showing up. I shut down Condor on
> both machines and wiped their log directories. Edited their
> machine config files to enable D_FULLDEBUG for their startd's
> and did a 'net start condor' on each machine.
>
> Both machines showed up in my collector view of the world.
>
> Hmm.
>
> Shut them down. Wiped the log directories again. Reverted to
> D_COMMAND. Fired them up and...both of them are showing up in
> the collector view of the world.
>
> Here is the log file output, both with and without
> D_FULLDEBUG on, for you:
> http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/870088/condor/for-ben.tgz
>
> These machines have essentially sat idle since the last time
> we talked. I have no explanation for the change in behaviour.
>
> Perplexed,
> - Ian

Well, appears I spoke too soon. My 7.2.2 official release machine has
disappeared (sj-bs3400-272). I'm grabbing logs -- unfortunately they
were running with D_COMMAND. I'll restart with D_FULLDEBUG and leave
them alone for a bit. Look for an update in about an hour.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.