Re: [Condor-users] USER_JOB_WRAPPER

Sónia Liléo wrote:
Thanks Todd!

You wrote,

Could you please also confirm if the following is correct,

If I define in the .sub file transfer_executable = true, then the executable file will be transferred to the var/lib/condor/execute directory of the execute machine.

Is this correct?

Yes. Actually, it will be transferred into a dynamically created subdirectory of the directory specified by EXECUTE in the
condor_config. Note that transfer_executable is True by default.

According to the description of the USER_JOB_WRAPPER setting,  I need
to define in the wrapper program where the executable file is
located.

"The command-line arguments passed to this program (wrapper program)
will include the full-path to the actual user job which should be
executed, followed by all the command-line parameters to pass to the
user job."

I wonder how do I know the name of the dynamically created
subdirectory into which the executable file is transferred?

On other words, how should I define the "full-path to the actual user
job which should be executed"?

As it says above, the full path to the user job is passed to your job wrapper on the command line. Your job wrapper doesn't need to worry about finding the dynamically created subdirectory, since that subdirectory will be included as the basename in the "full-path to the actual user job" which is passed to your job wrapper. Did that help clarify? If not, then I am not understanding your question...

regards
Todd