Re: [Condor-users] not seeing Windows 7 CPUs

That's a good thought.  I know for sure that some of the machines have multiple interfaces, but I don't know about the rest.  I'll have to take a look.  Thanks.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Aschenbeck
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:14 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] not seeing Windows 7 CPUs

I assume it's the collector you're asking about and I found this in the default config file:

##  This setting primarily allows you to change the port that the ##  collector is listening on.  By default, the collector uses port ##  9618, but you can set the port with a ":port", such as:
##  COLLECTOR_HOST = $(CONDOR_HOST):1234 COLLECTOR_HOST  = $(CONDOR_HOST)

So it defaults to port 9618.

One other thing I thought to have you check is the following.  I had a similar problem once and it ended up to be because one or more of my machines had multiple network interfaces...  I could ping the machines just fine, but condor was using a different interface.  Is it possible this could be happening to you?  Does running "ipconfig" from the command line of either machine (Windows 7 machine or central manager) give you more than one IP address?