Re: [HTCondor-users] dag job hung on bogus windows OpSys requirement

Thomas,

Setting OpSys == "WINDOWS" resolved the problem of DAGMan strangely coming up with an invalid requirement.

Okay, that's good, at least.

Is the underlying problem fixed for sure in newer versions of Condor? Or do I have to document that it's necessary to configure all machines with OpSys == "WINDOWS" to ensure this won't happen again?

Yes, this is fixed (it was fixed in 7.7.2, so all 7.8 and later versions have the fix). See gittrac #2366
(https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2366,4).

p.s.
This fix should probably be made searchable on the list, so consider CCing the list-serv.

I am...

Glad we were able to get things working for you.

Kent