Re: [HTCondor-users] OT Re: Solved: Re: centos 7 problem

On 04/06/2015 01:54 PM, Richard Pieri wrote:
> On 4/6/15 2:30 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
>> So either every program that does a double-fork must start as root,
>> open all the files it needs, then immediately drop privileges, or
>> it must create its transient files in TMPDIR instead of /var/run. I
>> see an easy way to fix bad code.
>
> It's not about writing files.

It's unix, everything is about files. Daemon running as foo:bar cannot
create its transient state files in /run owned by root:root mode 755. X
has been using /tmp since always, I've never seen a /var/run/X11. I
wonder why.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin