Re: [condor-users] globus -> condor matching problem

Mark Calleja wrote:

should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT

The bad news is that Condor 6.4.5 doesn't handle staging of stdout/stderr back into the GASS cache correctly. The good news is that this is fixed in Condor 6.5.5.

Hmmm. Even though we're running Condor 6.4.5, if the job I submit gets run in the standard universe then I get stdout back to the submitting machine. It's when the jobs are palmed off as vanilla universe jobs that stdout doesn't return to the Condor-G client (even though the log on the client reports successful completion). It's this discrepancy that I find difficult to understand.

In the case of standard universe, the stdout is written directly into the GASS cache via remote system calls. In the case of vanilla universe with file transfers turned on, stdout is written to a temporary file on the worker node and then staged back when the job finishes. Prior to 6.5.x, Condor didn't stage stdout/stderr back to the correct path--it just stuck them in the submit directory.

--Dan