Re: [condor-users] Transferring input files with Condor-G usingGlobusRSL

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 20:36, James Frey wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Mark Calleja wrote:
>
> > Hi chaps,
> >
> > I'm trying to submit jobs to a remote condor pool via
> > Condor-G->Globus->Condor, with the following type of line in my submit
> > file:
> >
> > GlobusRSL = (condorsubmit=(transfer_files ALWAYS)(universe
> > vanilla)(transfer_input_files full_path_name_1, full_path_name_2))
> >
> > However, the jobs never get started and the log file contains the
> > following error:
> >
> > ERROR: Can't open "/home/mcal00/condor_g/linux/diffmc/CONFIG_zircon"
> > with flags 00
> >
> > where I've shown the specific filename, so basically the input files
> > aren't getting transferred over. Now, I'm guessing that this is the
> > gatekeeper griping, and not any daemon on the remote condor pool, right?
> > BTW, that's the correct path on the submitting (i.e. Condor-G) machine,
> > and all files have global read access while the directory they sit in
> > has global read and execute access.
> >
> > My question is: Am I missing something obvious, or should I have
> > something else in my submit file that I've ommitted (the rest of the
> > file is pretty "standard" condor submit stuff)?
> >
> > If it helps, I'm running Condor 6.4.5 and GT 2.4.3.
>
> You didn't say which log you see the error in, but I believe the error is
> coming from condor_submit (when the globus jobmanager tries to submit your
> job to the remote pool). When you use the "condorsubmit" attribute with
> "GlobusRSL" in your local submit file, you're telling globus to blindly
> add lines to the submit file it uses to submit the job to the remote
> condor pool. Neither condor-g nor globus tries to interpret the values you
> specify, so the remote condor_submit is being told about input files that
> are valid on your local machine.
>
> For this to work, you need use only the filenames (no path information) in
> the GlobusRSL, and list the files in your condor-g submit file using
> transfer_input_files. Then condor-g will ask globus to stage the files and
> the remote condor_submit should find them (relative to the remote initial
> working directory)

Hi James, thanks for the reply. OK, I now try submitting the following
submit file:

###########
Executable       = diffmc_intel
Universe         = globus
Globusscheduler  = silica.esc.cam.ac.uk/jobmanager-condor-INTEL-LINUX
transfer_input_files = CONFIG_zircon NVT_param
transfer_files   = ALWAYS

GlobusRSL = (condorsubmit=(transfer_files ALWAYS)(universe
vanilla)(arguments NVT_PARAM,CONFIG_zircon)(transfer_input_files
NVT_param,CONFIG_zircon))

Error           = err
Output          = out
Log             = log
###########

This job doesn't even start to run, but the command line returns with
the following error:

ERROR: Can't open "/home/mcal00/condor_g/linux/diffmc/NVT_param"  with
flags 00

None of the condor log files show any sign of activity on the submitting
machine (previously I had omitted the 4th line so it was the gatekeeper
that carped when it tried to run the condor job in the remote pool).
Again, the input files I'm trying to transfer are world readable, so I'm
flummoxed as to why it complains about permissions (apparently). Any
clues please?

Thanks,

Mark

Condor Support Information: