Re: [Condor-users] VM Universe in Windows Condor 7.0.0: cannot runVM universe jobs (no networking)

Hi Malcolm:

To add to Jaeyoung's comments:

If these things really are necessary, some mention of them should
perhaps be added to the manual.
<<<

I'll add something to that effect and try to make the limitations more clear.
In reality, you should think of the VM as the job, rather than containing one.
This means all of the execution should already be embedded in the VM, including
a mechanism to shut it down once the processing is complete.

(I am assuming that the job must be specified via an ISO file representing
an autoplay CD that initiates the job, but haven't found a clear
tutorial example anywhere).
<<<

I think you can make something similar work, but I have not tried it yet.  I'll
give it a shot and see how it turns out.  I'll post my results.

Q2. You replied to the list on 8 Jan regarding the ability of Condor to
run the VM universe on Windows under credentials other than System,
saying that the required functionality was not yet present in Windows.
It doesn't seem to be in 7.0.0. Is there a timeframe for this to be
implemented?
<<<

I'm still trying to figure this one out--but I haven't put any thought into in
for the last week.  I'll look at it again while I'm looking at the ISO creation.

Regards,
-B