Re: [Condor-users] KeyBoard Idle Time infinite

Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

> The above is great news.  I was under the (apparently false) impression
> that the atimes on keyboard devices were never updated if the keyboard
> is USB.

No, this is still true; the /dev/console (and for pointing devices,
/dev/input/mouse*) nodes do not have their atime updated as events occur unless
you patch the kernel to do so.

However, the local TTYs, including (at least on our setup) the local X display,
_do_ have their atime updated whenever events occur.

(I just double-checked this morning -- the atime of /dev/tty7 of
USB-keyboard-equipped machines does indeed update when keyboard events occur.)

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <dwm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London