Re: [HTCondor-users] OT Re: Solved: Re: centos 7 problem

On 2015-04-06 15:57, Richard Pieri wrote:
On 4/6/15 4:16 PM, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
Everything is a user process if it's not running as uid 0.

That has never been a valid distinction.

The rule of thumb that I go by is processes owned by the kernel and init
are system processes, others are user processes.

That's true, I was just being flippant.

I think we all should get together and march on Linuses place chanting 'save us obi wan'. Going by his track record (git, subversion) it's the only way to have a sane init system.

Dimitri