From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of diane
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 9:08 PM
To: 'Condor-Users Mail List'
Subject: [Condor-users] condor-reuse-vm2 Job Owner in Windows

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info sites.  They were very helpful.

However, I'm still unable to get the secondary processes that
are started by a job in the condor queue running as owner 'diane',
to also run as user 'diane'.

When I make changes to the condor configuration,
as described in the documentation (I think), restart condor,
and then submit the job, the job now hangs
in the queue (and doesn't even get started).

Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong.

I tried setting the following in condor_config:

   CREDD_HOST = $(CONDOR_HOST):$(CREDD_PORT)
   CREDD_CACHE_LOCALLY = True
   QUEUE_ALL_USERS_TRUSTED = True
   STARTER_ALLOW_RUNAS_OWNER = True

And put the following into my condor.submit file:

	+Owner = "diane"
      run_as_owner = True

But the job hangs in the queue.
Note that when I remove the 'run_as_owner' and '+Owner' statements,
and resubmit, the job starts and runs to completion (although it's sub
processes
run as 'condor-reuse-vm2', which I'm trying to avoid).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Diane

The condor logs for the job that hangs indicate the following: