Re: [Condor-users] condor-reuse-vm2 Job Owner in Windows

> I just altered the user account of 'condor-reuse-xxx' to change
> access from 'limited' to 'admin' and that seemed to work.  Yay!
>
> Now, is that a nono?

I don't think Condor guaruntees it'll use the same account name every
time. Or maybe it does. The Condor team will have to confirm this. BUT
you can tell Condor to use a specific account for each VM and then this
approach is relativily safe. To get specific about the account that
Condor should be using see:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_3Configuration.html#12582
 -and-
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_6Security.html#22013

You need a different user for each VM on the machine:

	VM1_USER = diane1
	VM2_USER = diane2
	EXECUTE_LOGIN_IS_DEDICATED = True

Now you know exactly which accounts Condor will try to use on the
machine every time a job runs and you can promote just those accounts to
Administrator accounts.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.